Canada 150 Award
Banff-Airdrie Canada 150 Award
Do you know someone who has made a significant difference in the constituency?
In celebration of Canada’s 150th Anniversary MP Blake Richards is proud to offer the Banff-Airdrie Canada 150 Awards to recognize residents who work tirelessly to make our communities great places to live.
Nominations for this recognition are open to deserving individuals including teachers, artists, athletes, researchers, coaches, entrepreneurs, emergency responders, community volunteers, and anyone who makes a contribution to their local community.
If you know someone who is deserving of this award, please nominate them for consideration. Nominations will be reviewed by an independent volunteer panel who will recommend recipients to MP Richards. To respect the privacy of nominees, we will be keeping nominations confidential and request nominators do the same.
The deadline to submit nominations is May 31, 2017.
- Nominee must be an individual who resides within the boundaries of the Banff-Airdrie Electoral District.
- Activities earning the nomination must have been conducted for the benefit of the community through volunteerism, sports, arts or other community-building activities.
- This award can be given posthumously.
- One cannot nominate oneself, one’s spouse or a member of one’s immediate family and no one on the volunteer panel selecting recipients may nominate an individual.
- Nominations must be supported by a nominator and a seconder.
- Nominations are to be submitted by email with all supporting materials. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- All supporting letters must describe the author’s direct knowledge of the value and impact of the nominee’s contribution to their community as well as the author’s perspective about why the nominee should receive this recognition.
- Nominations may include newspaper articles or other materials illustrating the nominee’s contributions.
- Nominations must be received by 5:00pm MST on May 31, 2017.
- Name, address and contact information of nominee
- Name, address and contact information of nominator
- Name, address and contact information of seconder
- Letter from nominator (max. 2 pages)
- Letter from seconder (max. 2 pages)
- Nominee’s resume or summary of relevant activities
- Supporting materials (letters, newspaper articles, etc.)
Packages must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org