Motion 110 – Write to Your MP

Template Letter:


 The HUMA Committee is conducting hearings on Motion 110. The Committee has heard powerful witness testimony from parents who have been affected by pregnancy and infant loss. The report and recommendations of this Committee will be extremely important to the thousands of Canadian families who go through pregnancy and infant loss each year. I have been affected by this and I know how difficult things are for bereaved parents.


 There should be no excuses. Affected parents are asking for more compassion and understanding during their most challenging times. I don’t think that this is too much to ask for.

Please let me know that you will be supporting the recommendations of the HUMA Committee report for Motion 110 and standing shoulder to shoulder with grieving parents. You can make a difference for thousands of Canadian families. I would like to hear from you so we can discuss the importance of implementing these recommendations. Please call me at *insert phone number*.

Thank you.



You can write to your local MP‎ at:

MP’s Name

Member of Parliament

House of Commons

Ottawa, ON K1A 0A6


You can locate their email address by visiting: and clicking on your MP’s name

How do I find the name of my Member of Parliament?

You can find your MP’s name by entering your postal co‎de at the following link:


You can write to the Prime Minister at:

Office of the Prime Minister

80 Wellington Street

Ottawa, ON K1A 0A2




You can write to the Minister of Families, Children and Social Development at:

Hon. Jean-Yves Duclos, PC, MP

Minister of Families Children and Social Development

140 Promenade du Portage

Phase IV, 14th Floor

Gatineau, QC K1A 0J2